Imposition of Room Occupancy Tax: The room occupancy tax applies to the transfer for compensation or other consideration of the occupancy of a room or rooms in a hotel, motel, or bed and breakfast establishment for 30 consecutive calendar days or less.
There are two rates of tax for room occupancy:
- 15% for hotels and motels; and
- 11% for bed and breakfast establishments.
- Place this poster in your front lobby visible to customers. Penalties are in effect, $100 first fine, $200 for any further fines.
- Click here to print the required poster.
According to Public Act No. 17-32, Section 5 - all CT lodging employees must have annual training on human trafficking awareness. CLA holds a seat on the Trafficking In Persons Council (TIP). The TIP Council focuses on actions towards combating Connecticut’s human trafficking issue. To learn more or to get involved contact
- Consult with FordHarrison - Each CLA member is entitled to one free consultation per quarter.
At FordHarrison, we believe prevention is the best defense against sexual harassment liability. Our Hartford Sexual Harassment Defense Attorneys provide sexual harassment training and seminars, where employers and supervisors can learn what they should be doing to prevent sexual harassment, investigate claims of sexual harassment, and avoid liability to the best extent possible. FordHarrison can also help employers when sexual harassment actions arise, covering every step of the process. fordharrison.com/Hospitality
Click here to view the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities' Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
- Hotels may drop-off mattresses and box springs at an MRC-contracted recycling facility at no-cost. Contact The Mattress Recycling Council is a non-profit organization created to develop and implement Connecticut’s statewide mattress stewardship program.